søndag 30. november 2008

That was embarrasing, Britney!

Hey!
I have always been a huge music fan, and to me it feels like UK produces new talents every week. I will give you some great examples later on.

In Norway we have the well known Pop Idol, UK has developed THE X FACTOR.
Ever heard of Simon 'Mr. Naughty' Cowell? He is the creator, judge and mentor on the show, and he does speak a lot of sense.

Last night there was 'Britney Spears' night on THE X FACTOR, and each of the 4 contestants did one Britney cover. Fantastic quality, believe me - they are true performers you will hear about in the future!

However, today's big talking point is Britney Spears' LIVE performance last night. Personally, I think it was very poor - and Britney fans must have been felt let down. These superstars usually spend time with the contestants - Mariah Carey did it. Take That did it. Rod Stewart & co. have all done it. Britney didn't.

After 4 years 'exile', she was back on British soil. The TV show lasted more than 3 hours, and Britney was in action for approx 4 mins. Expectations were high, the crowd was fired up, the judges looked like kids in a sweetshop - what a great welcome they gave her. Sadly, it went downhill from then on!

Ok, look for yourself. I admit I'm no expert, because I dance like a headless chicken. I am scared of attention, microphones and stages. Still though, what has happened to Britney? Choreography? Does she mime? Playback? And seriously, I expected this girl to offer a few more useful advices to the contestants. Just watch the short interview after performing 'Womanizer'

See Britney Spears' stage performance:

(Clip taken from youtube)

Awesome, Britney? You certainly weren't.

2 kommentarer:

nhggfu sa...

um she's miming isn't she?

10KingsPoker.com sa...

I am sure she mimes, but her whole attitude 'stinks'. Too big a superstar I guess :-)

Awesome - the most common American word? :-)