onsdag 7. januar 2009

My face on The Hendon Mob

Gus Hansen, Devilfish, Henning Granstad, Johhny Lodden, Phil Ivey and...

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=115487

have all got a profile on the The Hendon Mob Database!

Enjoyed yesterday as I won a €20 rebuy tournament with 22 starters. Got off to a good start, and was Top 6 after end of rebuy/addon. Short stacked after making the mistake of the week. My hand was K Q and flop is Q A J - My opponent moves all in. I lost concentration as I got too focused on knocking out the player. I thought he bet around 3000 (I had around 12,000 chips at that time), and I dont think he had an ace. I call him, and he shows A J. Fair enough. I am surprised when he counts his chips. He went allin with 7000 chips! How on earth could I misjudge that?? I really respect the value of the chips, ha-ha!
Short stacked for the next 2 hours or so, and on final table I'm struggling to stay alive. However, I got good hands at the right time, I pushed the chips and put the guys under pressure. Avoided the silly coin flips, and was slowly rebuilding a nice stack.

Went all in with A 3 suited vs Q Q - picked up a flush on flop. Got A A against Q Q (a big pot), K Q vs A 10 and flop is Q Q 9. Won a monster pot against chip leader by having flopped a well hidden flush. I think I played that hand really well.

Around 10 hands with no action in the Heads up final (I have around 75% of the chips), then my opponent moves all in with his K Q. I look down at my hand which is a K K! Flop is another K. Game over!

€500 - and that did me really good, although I admit the dealer gave me some fantastic hands. No comments about my cash game play later on. I'm definitely a tournament player :-)

A very enjoyable night.

Ingen kommentarer: