onsdag 24. desember 2008

Martin Bosch wants a new meeting with Jan Mølby!

10KingsPoker.com interviewed Norwegian player Martin Bosch. He was the winner of last week's freeroll satellite, and is now qualified for the Liverpool WF Final Super Satellite on the 5th of January. A friendly guy who actually made his LIVE debut in Europe's biggest poker tournament, finding himself seated on the same table as some of the finest poker players in the world.

Name: Martin Bosch, 41 years old and from Alta.

Poker alias: FrittVilt

Why this poker alias?


It was the name of a DVD lying next to my laptop. It sounded like a good poker alias for a guy from Alta. Luckily I wasnt in the kitchen, then I probably would have ended up with GRANDIOSA FROZEN PIZZA or maybe ’HEINZ KETCHUP’! Hehe, I’m not one of those creative minds, you see.

How is the poker interest up north?

Alta has a very active poker community. 20-30 guys on a tournament night once or twice a week, that’s fairly normal and quite impressive for a small place like Alta (18,000 people)
On a yearly basic quite a few members of my local poker club participate in EPT and WSOP. The club also include Steffan Kristoffersen (Norwegian Champion of 2007), so the level of quality is fairly impressive. Can’t remember last time I ended up winning money. Have I ever? Hihi.

How is your poker play going?

Same shit, different week. Haha. The last year or so been fairly quiet compared to previous years. Havent played much poker, neither LIVE or online, as I’ve been busy. However, I’ve enjoyed some small stakes cash and sit & go’s lately, and I have also entered a few LIVE tourneys. Good fun, good guys.
When it comes to ambitions, I’ve just realized I lack the mental toughness. Anyone else who got the same problem?

Speaking about EPT and major tournaments, you certainly made your LIVE poker debut with a big bang!

Yeah, I will never forget that! In 2005, by only spending €5 in a satellite I qualified for the €5000 Master Classics of Poker in Amsterdam, €5,000 buyin!
It was really exciting to come up against poker pros in the biggest and best poker tournament in Europe. Imagine this, your first ever LIVE tournament, and on your table you find Noah Boeken (the Belgium star ended 8th!), John Shipley (impressive results from WSOP), UK legend Ram Vaswani, Thomas Middlethon (the winner!) and the one and only Dave Devilfish Ulliott! Never been so nervous in my life!

Despite a strong table, I wasn’t happy with my poker performance. Out on Day 1 after 5-6 hours of play. Went all-in with KK after flopping 8-8-2, and Boeken was enjoying life with his J 8. Game over.

In the Liverpool Winter Festival you will get the opportunity to play an old friend.

That’s true! What I do remember best from that poker festival was the fact that Liverpool legend Jan Mølby was part of the same team as me. (Team BetandWin). I’ve been a Liverpool supporter since the 70s, so this was a big happening for me, and playing poker and talking football with the Great Dane. Poker, football and a few drinks - what a great trip we had!

I have put the Liverpool Winter Festival dates in my diary. I won last week’s Freeroll satellite, and I will try my best. I will even consider making even if I don’t qualify through 10KingsPoker. I will play the online finals on the 5th, 11th and on the 18th - then let's see.

Portsmouth vs Liverpool on Saturday the 7th of Feb. You planning to head down there to watch the game?

Nope. I have no plans to be out after Day 1. Making no other plans. Ha-ha.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all poker friends and supporters.

Ingen kommentarer: