fredag 12. desember 2008

Words of wisdom

Hey.
Enjoyed a night of LIVE poker with the guys yesterday. Or maybe 'enjoyed' is the wrong word.. Knocked out after 7 mins in the 1st Tournament (£20 Freezeout)!
All in after flop with my Ac Jh. Flop was 4 8 9 - all clubs. He got the flush. Shit. 6h on turn and 3s on the river. Loser!
Not much more luck in 2nd Tournament as I was soon short stacked. LK hit the flush, and my three 9s send me out again. Back to the practise table, Mr. Aasterud!

LIVE poker with the guys always good fun. Nice to meet up with some of the 10KingsPoker members, have a chat and a few beers.

Despite having no luck, I left with a smile on my face as there was some words of wisdom passed around. I.e this incident:
Lots of action pre-flop.. Raise- re-raise-allin and showdown.

LK shows AA
KHJ shows JJ
Dr. E is all-in with AQ

Flop comes: 4 - Q - 7

Dr. E clap his hands and gives out a shout: 'YEAH!'
(Ups, quickly realises he's still way behind LK's AA despite picking up QQ. Hihi)

Turn: 4
River: 8
LK trippled up and Dr. E is knocked out of the tournament.

Dr. E shows great sportsman ship and leaves the table with a 'fair play' comment:
"Ok, guys - the best hand actually won this time."


It usually does, Dr. E :-))

I leave you with Lady Gaga's own words of wisdom in the 'Poker Face' track: "Russian Roulette isn't the same without a gun"

Ingen kommentarer: