søndag 14. desember 2008

Interview: Doomed or just unlucky?

> 1. Sunday's winner of Liverpool WF's Freeroll
satellite, who are you?

I’m Niall and I’ve just moved to N.Ireland for a bit from sunny Scotland. Probably
moving to London soon :) Ship it!

> 2. Your poker alias?
Nhggfu on my main boss media skin. A few other screen names elsewhere. Have a look on my poker blog if you're interested

(http://pokerblog.ukgamblingforums.co.uk) <-- haha I guess I should plug my poker forum too (http://ukgamblingforums.co.uk). > 3. For how long have you been playing poker?

Maybe 4 years online, about 2 years live.. I've played a few Live majors i.e Irish Open, some GUKPTs. Most memorable live moment getting slowrolled by AA (I have QQ).. clock is called and he asks(with 2 seconds left).. ‘Oh is it me? then flips over AA. nhgg sir. One day I swear I will crush one of these! I have been playing poker for a living for the last 2 years.. Mostly MTTs but I do dabble in cash 2/4 and 5/10 and I have been known to play 25/50 on Boss network when I am drunk and crazy!

> 4. Are you in-form these days? Winning a Freeroll should boost your confidence? How have you been doing lately?


I feel doom-switched. Moved to some of the US sites and keep busting 11/700,
14/1500 etc. QQ hates me, AK hates me, AA hates me. I should stick to 78 suited for the win. Wish I had stuck to mid-stakes ‘donkaments’ as moving up and then enduring a 2 month downswing (and losing flips for 8K, 15K etc) sucks. It can't last forever though! (can it?) Winning a freeroll is good, a win is a win!

> 5. Any bad beats lately?

Yes, my Pokerhand page reads like an obituary! Bad beats are boring! I prefer dishing them out though :)

> 6. On the chat during play you had a clear message to Arteta10 who you knocked him out as Number 3. Have you got any word of advice for him? How should he have played the last few hands when he was short stacked and BB?

Sure, when you have 3 big blinds w/ 3 players leftand you're on the Big blind..you got to snap-call with any 2 cards. Worst case scenario you have like 40%
equity unless the other guy has EXACTLY AA. Get tooled up with equity tools like pokerstove (http://pokerstove.com) to run these scenarios. When there's only 1 prize and 5 players left, and you have <10BB you need to push or fold. I like the Pushing!

> 7. So will we see you at the Liverpool Winter Festival in Feb 2009?

Hehe! I thought I had qualified, then noticed it was a qualifier to the
Liverpool WF super satellite! I'll certainly consider it. I am looking forward to
the super satellite for sure. Regular satellites (plus generous freerolls with little runners!) and weak fields (sorry guys hihi) on 10KingsPoker means it will be trivial to get to the Super Sat stage.. And hey, isn’t Liverpool voted European Capital of Culture 2008? A good excuse to meet some poker friends, and hob-knob with some footballers and party in Liverpool. Oh and I get to meet Allan who is
pouring his heart and soul into making 10KingsPoker.com one of the most
exciting places to play poker for fun and profit! (first beer is on you, Allan!)

> Would you consider coming over to the Main Event even if you haven’t qualified online?

Yep, as long as there's some live satellites for the Main Event. The cash games will be juicy too no doubt!

> 8. 'Team 10Kings' ready to challenge you... What do you think of a Team comp in the Main Event?

Bring it on ‘Team 10Kings’.. Your football stars don't stand a chance against me:) Team Comp could be interesting! Tell us more!

Good luck to 10KingsPoker.. Ready for the Liverpool Winter Festival and let the prize pool be FAT!

Ingen kommentarer: